DPFE sensor

Is this the DPFE sensor?
http://home.comcast.net/~csmcbride/fordtaurus.jpg
Thanks

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Forgot to add: 2001 Ford Taurus 3.0
No.... I rarely get to work on cars but that is definitely NOT the DPFE.... Look for two rubber hoses entering the bottom of the sensor and a three wire connector.

Jim Warman wrote:

Above/near upper intake, probably a white plastic body...
Rob
On Oct 9, 8:27 pm, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

No, on our 2000 24v Taurus it's a black plastic body DPFE. Follow the fire wall about midway and reach down behind the engine, it has two rubber hoses going into the bottom and one wiring harness connector. You should be able to see it if you lean in real close.

As often as Ford (or should I say the people who buy Ford cars) have had problems with these, I'm surprised that SOMEBODY from the aftermarket has yet to make one of these.

Changing the DPFE is like replacing a gas cap IMO.
"Kruse" wrote

You mean besides Airtex (#5S2047) and Standard Motor Products (#VP17)? http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1372755,parttype,5088
I hope this is it.
http://home.comcast.net/~csmcbride/dpfesensor.jpg
Ford $103.38 Autozone $27.99 Standard Motor Products and Airtex $24.79+$6.50 shipping.
If Ford parts are that much better I'll buy it from Ford but could the quality be about the same from the other places?
In article
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

That's it.

Get the one with the longest warranty.
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Try another Ford dealer, I got one in NJ for about $30. Can't see why the price is jacked so high. I'd buy the Autozone unit, you can get three for the price of one Ford unit and one will probably last just as long.
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

That's it.
MasterBlaster wrote:

I think you'll find that they all come from the same OEM supplier. Every one I've ever bought, regardless of the name on the box, had an area where the Ford engineering number had been ground off.