DPFE sensor ???

What is it? Where is it? What's it do?
Took my 02 Town Car to the dealer witn the service engine light on & this is what they replaced. I'm curious as to it's function. I just
bought this car & it's a lot more hi-tech that the 93 T-Bird I had. Lots of new things to learn.
David Starr opined in

I thought you LOVEd your Tbird!
http://members.cox.net/fhurderjr/glossary.htm
DPFE: Differential Pressure Feedback EGR; a more accurate type of EGR system that directly monitors the pressure drop across the metering orifice. Standard EGR is a Pressure Feedback EGR system, using a pressure sensor.
Its a modified PFE. Instead of one pressure transducer there are two. One that monitors the exhaust pressure the other that monitors the pressure drop when the EGR valve opens. By the processor knowing what the actual exhaust pressure is it can compare the pressure drop of the open EGR and calculate the total EGR flow. It's far more accurate than using a potentiometer to measure total EGR opening or a single pressure transducer to just look at the exhaust pressure in the EGR circuit.

Thanks to all that replied.
http://www.cnnw.net/~fourty/dpfe.htm will give you a bit of knowledge.
Happy modeming, Bill