draging brakes - 86 aerostar

any idea on what would cause the brakes to periodically drag on my 86 aerostar ? new rotors ,new front and back pads ,new front calipers and rear brake cylanders, emergency brake cable dissengaged.
the only thing i haven't tried is the master cylinder but it seems to be working fine. many thanks in advance ' Harry

Did you flush the system REALLY well? Are ALL of them dragging or one in particular?
If ALL... then the master cylinder, I'd think.. maybe the booster, though you should notice that from the pedal.
you pay..DEAL with it!

You replaced the calipers and wheel cylinders but what about any rubber flex lines? I've been told if they deteriorate on the inside from cruddy fluid they can sometimes turn into "one-way" valves, meaning the inside of the flex line is blocking the fluid from moving backwards when the pressure is released. Just a thougth..

Yes they do. If you can get the brakes to "drag" jack up each wheel and see if its the one(s) that are sticking. If you find a wheel hung,open the bleeder valve. If it frees up right away, it is a bad hose. Tony

Is there a "clunk" when the brakes do finally release? Is it just one wheel doing the dragging?
Before doing anything else, I'd take the calipers apart and really clean and grease the "rails." I don't know what the technical name of these things is, but whatever the calipers are supposed to slide along. Scrub them down and then get liberal with the silver grease.
A lot of times people really overlook the necessity of this. It can cause the calipers to stick in place. Even new ones can stick if they are neglected.
~e.
"

and
down
Yes, But don't use the "silver grease" on rubber o ring or rubber slider bushings. I would use a synthetic brake lube. Tony