dreaded door ajar light

Hi all, ive seen posts, but no real solutions to the very common door ajar indicator, when its really not ajar:) I have a 98 ranger, and the door light (and cabin light obviously) comes on, at various times. i have found no pattern. it comes on while driving, it stays on after opening the passenger, OR drivers door. I have the internal switched that are in the door (a proximity switch maybe?). There could be many things to trigger this, but whats the most common? where's a good place to start? Thanks guys! nick

Reply to
nichos

there is a faq..anyway, spray wd40 inside of the door lock thingy..err. the whole in the door where it locks..yeah. should get the dirt and grime out of there

Reply to
Owner

switched that are in the door (a proximity switch maybe?). There I had that problem with my 96 linclon conntennial and my every thing else on the circuit was going crazy, compass stayed on, rear passendeger light would come on, then finnaly the door locks were popping up and down.

Solution I pulled the fuse and replaced a day later...problem gone.

Reply to
Mike Nukem