Dual tank problems 1991 Ford F150

I recently bought a 1991 Ford F150 that runs great except for one problem. When running off the front tank, everything is fine, but when running off the rear tank, the truck bogs down, and there is a
noticeable whine coming from the tank. I believe I read that there is only one filter for the whole system, so is this probably the rear fuel pump going out, or could there be another cause?
On 13 May 2007 17:11:03 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You probably have a bad pump making the noise. Keep in mind they did have a recall out on the tank switching valve for several years. That usually resulted in one of the tanks overflowing if that was the problem. There is only one filter for both tanks located inside the left frame rail just forward of the front tank. Those pump can be a bit of trouble to replace. It is just about as easy to lift the bed as to drop the tank if you get some of your budies together to lift.
Lugnut