Dull/Foggy/Film covered Taurus headlights

Does anyone know of a product or procedure for cleaning that foggy dull film that seems to develope on taurus headlights. I've talked to other taurus owners
and they all seem to suffer from the same problem. Any ideas would be helpful. irv
--
BigIrv1
Go to Ebay and do a search for Janvil. It's a plastic polish that I've used and it works really well just by hand. Add a small polisher like you can buy at wal-mart for about $10 and you can make them look almost like new.

BigIrv1 wrote:

Ole wrote:

I'm a big believer in using toothpaste as a very mild plastic abrasive. I've used it for years with good results on a number of projects. Pencil erasers also work for smaller areas like scratches.
If you use the toothpaste, be cheap with it. The more you put on there, the less friction you'll have with which to polish. Then flood it with water to get rid of it.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
BigIrv1 wrote:

car polisher, try it on the lenses with come "coarse" compound. Follow with "fine" compound then clean and spray them with clear epoxy finish. After polishing, they have to have a protective coating. Clean and wax them as you do the rest of your car. You can do the same thing by hand and apply the coating, but it takes time. If the discoloration is inside, you will need to replace the headlight assemblies.
BigIrv1 wrote:

problem after a few years. You're not alone.

I used Meguiars PlastX on a 98 Chevy Metro with headlight lenses so cloudy that high beam was useless. Just one easy application and it was amazingly clear. I tried the same stuff on a Dodge D50 pickup with almost no effect. The Dodge almost looks like the problem is on the inside of the lens.
Meguiars was on the shelf with the rest of the auto polish at Kragen's. <http://www.meguiars.com/?clear-plastic-care/PlastX-Clear-Plastic-Cleaner-Polish
--
---
It is a result of improper maintenance of the lenses. Get yourself some of the stuff that is used to clean motorcycle windshields, WBMA. After you have them cleared up use a polymer polish, like NuFinish, a few times a year to keep them clear.