Duratec engine transmission mounting

Are the automatic transmission bolt patterns the same for a 2000 Duratec and the standard 12 valve v-6?
All in one week, my wife's 2002 Taurus trans died over the weekend and
my daughter's 2000 Taurus Duratec engine a couple of days earlier. Going to junk may daughter's car, but she has a new trans in her car.
Wondering if we can pull the good trans out of the car with the bad engine to replace my wife's bad trans.
Thnx in advance.
Frank
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:39:44 -0800 (PST), Frank from Deeeetroit

I believe they are different bolt patterns, but am not sure. I do think they use the same trans - so you may need to change the front (bell) housing to make it fit.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca says...

There could be more differences. The Vulcan may use the AX4S, but the Duratec most likely uses the AX4N. They could require different computer connections and/or programming.
Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:

NO, there not the same. The bell housing is different and the gear ratio could be different. Not all years will interchange either.
bob

It turns out that the Vulcan and Duratec engines use different bolt patterns on their respective transmissions. The Duratec and Vulcan have different gear ratios that would confuse the computer. So, I am going to have to have the Vulcan engine trans re-built for $1400.00. A used or re-built Duratec is way too expensive for a 9 year old car.
Thanx for your thoughts, Happy New Year.
Frank