E 350 - Stuck in Park

I recently bought a wheel trans Bus. I started to take the wheel chair lift out, (plasma cut the bolts), and cut the power wires etc.

The last large power wire I went to cut, blew my side cutters apart.

I went to move my Bus( E350 super duty diesel) and it would not move out of Park! I tried everything, I had to shift it from under the body just to get it back to my garage.

Any hints would be appriciated. Thanks

Reply to
info

Check the brake light circuit & fuse - there's an interlock solenoid so you have to have your foot on the brakes to shift out of Park.

And next time you pull off the negative battery cable before you start cutting mystery wires. Especially big ones.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I don't recall the schematic of the chair lift but, it does have an interlock with the trans selector to keep it in park until the lift is properly secured. It may also have an interlock with the park brake. You will need to somehow disablw that part of the circuitry or return it to proper operation. The work around is usually to moved the selector to nuetral before turning the key to the on position. Once it is in the nuetral porition, you should be able to start the engine. I hope you have pulled the fuses on the circuits that fed the lift.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut