E 350 - stuck in park

I recently picked up a wheel trans bus. I plasma cut the bolts and cut the power wires to the wheel chair lift. The last wire I cut was large and blew my side cuters apart.
I went to move the Bus and it would not move from PARK. I tried everything. The brake lights are not working now, but it seems all the fuses are still good. I had to move it, so I had to put it in drive from under the body, while someone held the brakes.
Health and safety officer (not)
Any help would be appriciated. Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@yourlimousineawaits.com wrote:

There's a SAFETY interlock on the transmission, in that it won't shift out of Park unless the foot brake is depressed. The only way the transmission "knows" this is if the brake lights are on. To have the transmission selector to function normally, repair the power cable to the brake lights.
snipped-for-privacy@yourlimousineawaits.com wrote:

can you take it out of park with the key turned ahead but not started?
i know if a brake light is out you can't move it from park w/ the truck started