E150 Recall

The older E150 (and others) had a recall for the Cruise Control last year and I had a new harness installed. A new recall was sent apparently the harness was not really the problem, the brake switch
was. When I took it in they did not stock the switch, so they disconnected the harness; no Cruise. Why do they recall and not have sufficient parts in stock? Probably legal protection, I was warned!! Poor way of doing business.
Jim.
Disconnecting the switch is called an "interim" repair... this is to remove the possibility of the switch causing a fire until sufficient stocks are available (FWIW, IIRC, the harness supplied for some applications was fused on the wrong side of the switch.... the new jumper will be double fused so that "one size fits most").
Now... re-read the part about "fire"... A poor way of doing business would be to allow your van to burst into flames while they waited for sufficient parts to be on hand...

remove
fused
Oh that's sweet, disconnect brake switch so that you have no rear brake lights...
Ted