E150 RUNS HOT 300-6

When pulling a trailer, the termp gauge reads right between the normal line and the "H." Otherwise, it reads somewhere near the middle of the
normal range. The clutch fan seems to be working fine. Thanks.

Flush Coolant, Add Redline Water Wetter and a bigger trans cooler.
RECHECK FAn Clutch ... should turn very stiff by hand right after shutoff.
you pay..DEAL with it!
Thanks. I see my 95 Town Car has an electric fan in front of the clutch fan. Is there a way to add this to the E150 and a 94 Crown Vic? Also, should the clutch fan be stiff when hot? Can they be bad even if no clutch fluid leak is detected?
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com wrote:

They can be added if you know how to wire them and can fabricate mounts. Remember, the TC fan is a "pusher" fan. Fans on most other cars are mounted behind the radiator and are "pullers". You cannot take a "puller" and mount it in front of the radiator.
Fan clutches get weak over time. If it is over 5-6 years pld, replace it with an OEM part or an AC Delco aftermarket part. Other aftermarket fan clutches (Four Seasons, Airco, etc.) are usually little better than the worn out original.
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

how old is this thing? prolly rad is on the "verge" i would get a new rad