E150 RUNS HOT 300-6

When pulling a trailer, the termp gauge reads right between the normal line and the "H." Otherwise, it reads somewhere near the middle of the normal range. The clutch fan seems to be working fine. Thanks.

Reply to
septicman

Flush Coolant, Add Redline Water Wetter and a bigger trans cooler.

RECHECK FAn Clutch ... should turn very stiff by hand right after shutoff.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks. I see my 95 Town Car has an electric fan in front of the clutch fan. Is there a way to add this to the E150 and a 94 Crown Vic? Also, should the clutch fan be stiff when hot? Can they be bad even if no clutch fluid leak is detected?

Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Reply to
septicman

They can be added if you know how to wire them and can fabricate mounts. Remember, the TC fan is a "pusher" fan. Fans on most other cars are mounted behind the radiator and are "pullers". You cannot take a "puller" and mount it in front of the radiator.

Fan clutches get weak over time. If it is over 5-6 years pld, replace it with an OEM part or an AC Delco aftermarket part. Other aftermarket fan clutches (Four Seasons, Airco, etc.) are usually little better than the worn out original.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

how old is this thing? prolly rad is on the "verge" i would get a new rad

Reply to
fireater