E150-stalls-won't idle--fixed and thanks guys...gals...whatever.

I replaced the Idle Air Control Valve and that solved the problem. When you let off the gas the engine died, and it would die in an exactly same manner
when I did the following:
Had my daughter hold the rpm's up just enough to keep the motor running and I would cover the air intake. Exactly the same....leading me to believe that 'air flow' was the same problem and therefore at idle the engine must not be getting enough air.
After consultation here, I removed the IAC and tested it with my ohmmeter. No resistance. Purchased a new one...$81.00 and then tax and replaced it.
However, the new one did not show any resistance either. I reversed the pos and neg leads on the two prongs coming out of the IAC connector....no resistance on the new one. I 'do' have resistance across my tongue.
Wonder why it wouldn't test.....Van runs great.
Anyhow, thanks for the help...not being a regular here I wanted to express my appreciate. Really. No-I mean it.....I really, really, do....