E4OD no gear in D unless overdrive off.

Just bought this, and the truck has 133k on it.

The OD is on of course when you start the truck (1991 Lariat half ton 2WD

302). Put it in gear and nothing. Turn the OD off and it goes into gear.

Going down the road in third, hit the OD back on and it pops to neutral again.

As odd as this is, I'd think someone else has experienced it.

Any tips people?

Dirk

Reply to
Coyote

Not knowing any more about your vehicle or any codes thast may be in the ECM, I would suspect the MPLS known by several other names including the nuetral safety switch. Your trans does not know which "gear" you have selected. About $30US at most parts stores.

Someone else may have a better hunch which is all this is.

Reply to
lugnut