Early Ford 2-4's

Ok all you 'ol timers, let me bend yur ear.

Way back in, and I'm guessing, around 1957, Ford offered from the factory a 312(?) engine equipped car complete with an aluminum manifold and 2 4bbls (Ford carbs). The chrome air cleaners were round except between the carbs where they were flat sided.

Good possibility the part # for the manifold (made by Edelbroc?) was ECG9424-B

Anybody remember anything about this setup? Or let me know of a group or web site I might find out?

Many Thanks. Pappy.

100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Reply to
Pap

This is the 1957 dual quad set up:

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

the

aluminum

were

Edelbroc?)

Hmmm, I can't remember the big air cleaner like that one. The one I remember seeing were probably only 8(?) inches across and a band with round holes in it for the air, between the top and bottom.

Do you know of anyplace I can run that manifold part number?

Pappy

100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Reply to
Pap

This guy may know:

There is a number stamped on his manifold. "Ask him a question".

Or, you could go right here:

for an original Ford 9424-D Intake manifold for a 292/312 cu Y block(but hurry - the auction ended back July 16th).

But then he relisted the set:

and the current one:

so all the pics are still there(along with some price reductions).

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

from

of

one

question".

block(but

reductions).

Thanks a million!

Pappy.

100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Reply to
Pap

The 1957 Thunderbird Special 312 8v was available (Serial number code "E" which was shared with the single 4bbl Paxon blown Supercharged Special). Ir used 2 Holley 4bbl carbs. Model 4000, part # R1164-1a and

1164-2a if my sources are correct. Manufacturers part numbers should be ecj-9510u and ecj-9510y Tag number ECJ-U and ECJ-Y The single 4 bbl Thunderbird 312 used R-1164 a, ecj 9510n Tag number ECJ-N

This was a one year only offering - 1956 had only one 312 - the standard engine was 292 - and in 1958 the 292 was still standard, with the 332 ans 2 versions of the 352 4bbl optional. They were all branded "interceptor"

nospam.clare.nce

number code

Supercharged

R1164-1a and

should

number

standard, with

branded

I have been drawing a blank on the following numbers, can you help?

Aluminum manifold: ECG 9424-B

Carbs: ECJ 9510 AB List 1434

Thanks. Pappy.

100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Reply to
Pap

Can't help with the manifold, but the carb is from a 57 2X4 setup - I found another listing. Should have tag# b7a 9510p.

needs a ecj 9510aa to go with it - tag # ecj-aa R 1437A

The first numbers I gave look like early '57 - and according to THIS listing, were also available on a limited number of '56 T'Birds.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

numbers

Tag

the

all

setup -

THIS

T'Birds.

Thanks!

I've also been trying on a few Ford & Thunderbird web site forums, but totally drawing blanks on everything so far. I'm also trying to contact the seller of a similar system on e-bay at "trainfan1's" suggestion, but being a new register, I have to wait a few days.

Thanks again. Pappy.