Early Ford 2-4's

Ok all you 'ol timers, let me bend yur ear.
Way back in, and I'm guessing, around 1957, Ford offered from the factory a 312(?) engine equipped car complete with an aluminum
manifold and 2 4bbls (Ford carbs). The chrome air cleaners were round except between the carbs where they were flat sided.
Good possibility the part # for the manifold (made by Edelbroc?) was ECG9424-B
Anybody remember anything about this setup? Or let me know of a group or web site I might find out?
Many Thanks. Pappy.
http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!
Pap wrote:

This is the 1957 dual quad set up:
http://www.theautocollections.com/image/cars/1957%20ford%20tbird%20e%20blue%20eng.JPG
Rob

the
aluminum
were
Edelbroc?)
http://www.theautocollections.com/image/cars/1957%20ford%20tbird%20e%20blue%20eng.JPG
Hmmm, I can't remember the big air cleaner like that one. The one I remember seeing were probably only 8(?) inches across and a band with round holes in it for the air, between the top and bottom.
Do you know of anyplace I can run that manifold part number?
Pap wrote:

http://www.theautocollections.com/image/cars/1957%20ford%20tbird%20e%20blue%20eng.JPG
This guy may know:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&itemE76936167
There is a number stamped on his manifold. "Ask him a question".
Or, you could go right here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&itemE61202658
for an original Ford 9424-D Intake manifold for a 292/312 cu Y block(but hurry - the auction ended back July 16th).
But then he relisted the set:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&itemE65535597
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&itemE73849271
and the current one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&itemE77124941
so all the pics are still there(along with some price reductions).
Rob

from
of
http://www.theautocollections.com/image/cars/1957%20ford%20tbird%20e%20blue%20eng.JPG
one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&itemE76936167
question".
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&itemE61202658
block(but
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&itemE65535597
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&itemE73849271
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&itemE77124941
reductions).
Thanks a million!
Pappy.
http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:28:57 -0400, trainfan1

The 1957 Thunderbird Special 312 8v was available (Serial number code "E" which was shared with the single 4bbl Paxon blown Supercharged Special). Ir used 2 Holley 4bbl carbs. Model 4000, part # R1164-1a and 1164-2a if my sources are correct. Manufacturers part numbers should be ecj-9510u and ecj-9510y Tag number ECJ-U and ECJ-Y The single 4 bbl Thunderbird 312 used R-1164 a, ecj 9510n Tag number ECJ-N
This was a one year only offering - 1956 had only one 312 - the standard engine was 292 - and in 1958 the 292 was still standard, with the 332 ans 2 versions of the 352 4bbl optional. They were all branded "interceptor"

> From: snipped-for-privacy@sny.der.on.ca

number code

Supercharged
R1164-1a and

should
number
standard, with

branded
I have been drawing a blank on the following numbers, can you help?
Aluminum manifold: ECG 9424-B
Carbs: ECJ 9510 AB List 1434
Thanks. Pappy.
http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Can't help with the manifold, but the carb is from a 57 2X4 setup - I found another listing. Should have tag# b7a 9510p.
needs a ecj 9510aa to go with it - tag # ecj-aa R 1437A
The first numbers I gave look like early '57 - and according to THIS listing, were also available on a limited number of '56 T'Birds.

numbers
Tag
the
all
setup -

THIS
T'Birds.
Thanks!
I've also been trying on a few Ford & Thunderbird web site forums, but totally drawing blanks on everything so far. I'm also trying to contact the seller of a similar system on e-bay at "trainfan1's" suggestion, but being a new register, I have to wait a few days.
Thanks again. Pappy.
http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!