EB FAIRMONT AIR CON PROBLEM

I have a 1992 EB Fairmont that has climate control on it. The problem is that it stays on demist no matter what you press (the air comes out cold and
the actual air con itself is working) it will not move off the demist vents to any other. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas how to fix this problem. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks All, Owen.
gardenlen wrote:

problem. All of the actuators for air direction are normally contrilled by vacuum motors and the system will default to defrost (demist) if the system loses vacuum. Look closely at the vacuum hoses on the firewall in the engine compartment for breaks, cracks, etc. There will be one line in particular that feeds the climate control. It will go through the firewall to the passenger compartment and often has a plastic check valve in the line somewhere. I hope this gets you started in the right direction.