EB FAIRMONT ODOMETER PROBLEM

I have an EB Fairmont and the odometer isnt spinning. The KM/H guage works fine. I have checked the electrical connections at the back of the instrument cluster, and it's all good there. Just wondering if anyone else
has had this problem, and how is it fixed. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Owen.
gardenlen wrote:

will be in the speedometer head itself. A recent poster had good luck resoldering the electrical connections in the speedo head to repair a dead odometer (electronic type).
HI OWEN THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR EB FORD SPEEDO IS SIMPLY A VERY SMALL GEAR WHICH HAS WORN OUT AND CAN BE REPLACED VERY EASILY YOU CAN BUY THE GEAR FROM EBAY FOR $40.00 WHICH IS THE CHEAPEST THAT I HAVE SEEN TO DATE FITTING ONY TAKES ABOUT 15 MINUTES JON gardenlen wrote:

On 23 Mar 2006 21:15:46 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@IPRIMUS.COM.AU wrote:

Do you have a part number for that?