econoline e 150 with 302 engine starter would not start cleaned all battery term

1993 e 150 econoline van with 302 engine starter would not start cleaned all terminals and it started then today again would not start tried jump starting
and it still would not start. Electrical system seems ok and I hear a click when I engaged ignition but starter will not work. Had advance auto check battery it's ok and alternator it's ok any suggestions.
On Sat, 17 May 2014 04:18:01 +0000, 81 er

battery is strong. If you turn the headlights on, do they dim when you try to crank?
message

ould-not-start-clea-77100-.htm

What I have done in this situation is to connect a wire (12awg or larger) to the starter terminal on the starter, and connect a 2nd wire to the hot battery terminal. Then touch the ends of the wires together a few times. If the starter spins normally, then move the wire from the starter terminal to the solenoid and try that.
If you use 2 wires like this instead of one, you can make the sparking connection away from the battery or out from under the car.
Funny how we remember things... I learned first did this on a 71 Impala years ago when I needed to check the compression and didn't have anyone to work the key. I wired up the starter and battery like this, only put a momentary pushbutton switch in the wire. I still use it when I need to check stuff under the hood and don't want the lovely wife starting the engine at the wrong time. "I thought you said 'Go.'" "No, I didn't say "go", I said 'no'." "Well, I heard 'go'." "Well, you heard wrong." "Well, you were mumbling."