EL Ford Fairmont

Hi

I own a 1997 Ford Fairmont EL sedan. Lately I have been experiencing a trouble with it, I thought it could be leads or spark plugs so I have replaced them which I have been replacing them anyway on schedule.

The trouble is when I start up the car cold in the morning it starts up ok and I have noticed while its running normal on idling there is bit of stalling in the engine and when I take it out of the drive way and press on the accelerator to speed up it sort of feels as if the engine is going to cut out and lately it has happened as soon as I press the accelerator (ofcourse under normal driving conditions), the engine almost cut out for a couple of seconds just enough to give bit of jerk then picked up again.

I was hoping if someone could share their knowledge with me in regards to this.

Thanks in advance.

RG