electirical poblem

I have a1989 ford ranger adn it starts after you cahrge it but it wont start again after that. I put a new altnator in it and a new battery and i still have the same problem. the altnator was shot the first time and so
was the battery but not it startsand you can drive it but then you drive like 10 miles and it starts spittingand sputering.please help