Electric fan switch 1989 escort

Bought a new radiator fan switch a month ago then it went bad(the fan didn't come on , I jumped the wire harness and the fan ran) . Can a new fan switch go bad? Could it be my engine is running too hot? or do I have to buy a motorcraft fan switch?

Thanks JD

Reply to
jd

hiya,

yep, new bits can fail straight out of the box. now if the fan isn't coming on why do you think the engine is running hot? there's no reason to have to buy a motorcraft unit

the electric fan doesn't usually run that much, usually only after idling for ages and then only for a short burst (unless there's something wrong of course) and I think there are different switch temperatures depending on whether the car has aircon or not (the granada does)

hope this helps pottsy

Reply to
pottsy