electrical problems-'90 T-Bird

I have a non-turbo, '90 T-Bird with a mere 76k miles, that has an electrical problem: the battery keeps draining. If it is charged while hooked up, the alternator actually gets warm, and the voltage
keeps dropping. I have used it for a couple short trips like this, i.e., charging it while disconnected, then short drives where I leave the engine running. I was thinking it was the alternator, as it seems to be a bit noisier than normal.
However yesterday, even with a fully charged battery, plus a second fully charged battery attached with jumpers, will not turn the engine over (just get some anemic clicks). Also, a half-hour later, even the dome lights won't come on.
Any clues as to what the problem might be? This has been an 'all of a sudden' problem. Again, I was thinking alternator, but now I'm thinking something else, maybe starter, that is mega-pulling current.
I read some post on here about the seat switches causing a problem like this, but I've wiggled all those switches without a change.

If the alternator is getting warm w/o the engine running, you likely have a bad alternator allowing feedback. This is not an uncommon failure.

but I've wiggled all those switches without a change.

ditto.
get a rebuilt alternator from NAPA or other store that supplies repair shops.
BTW, there are no 'turbo' 90 TBirds (from factory)... assume you mean non- supercharged.
Thanks for the replies. You guys were right, thus far, no problems, with just changing the alternator (which I got from a salvage yard for $35 :).
On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 14:35:17 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

Okay!
Now you know that and how to get the belt on and off, go buy a set of brushes for that alt from NAPA or such parts store, dont even bother with autozone.
And replace the brushes... voila! Will prolly last as long as you have the car.
Google this Group for my alt refurb tip Easy job