Emer Brake on 98 Ford Escort

I just had my brakes done at Midas. The emergency brake is not holding now. In fact, it doesn't start to grab until its half way up. They told me there is no adjustment for this, that I need to go to Ford and have the brake cables changed. Can anyone tell me if this is true, or can they be adjusted?

John

Reply to
John Perry

steve piskor

You were right on the money. Thanks- John

Reply to
John Perry

Most likely the rear shoes are too loose, out of adjustment. They must have not tightened them up after the brake job. If the parking brake worked before the brake job, they should tighten them for free. You should not have to tighten the cable....You might want to find someone else to do your brakes next time too...;)

Reply to
Scott M