Emergency Brake Won't Release

I have a 2004 Escape that I don't drive much because of gas prices. I leave it in the garage with the emergency brake engaged. Yesterday, the battery needed charging since I hadn't driven the truck in over 2
weeks, and I charged it with one of those black box home a/c to d/c chargers. This morning, I started the truck and disengaged the emergency brake by pushing the handle all the way down. The brake light went off, but the truck would not move as if the brakes were still engaged. Is the cable stuck or rusted? Any suggestions to loosen it?
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:47:59 -0700 (PDT), Rocinante

Nah, the brake pads/shoes have glued themselves to the disc/drum... It happens, just use a little more throttle to get her going...
SteveL
The brake pads/shoes are rusted to the disks. Try backing up and then forward, and don't be afraid to hit the gas. They should break free with a snap and then be fine. I have a Hyundai that does the same thing if it's parked for more than a week and the weather was wet, I can always get it loose that way. Once it's working drive it around a bit to clean up the rotors, and then don't park it long term with the parking brake.
--
Mikey S.