emission update and help again??

since i last posted on my 92 marquis(4.6) failing emissions,the hc and co's where way past the standard,i gave the car a tune up and upon taking the egr
off found clogged orfices in the throttle body ports and cleaned them and the egr,even replaced the egr tube(had a small hole in it,)the car had troble codes relating to the egr ,upon the work i did and clearing the codes,the light has stayed off and the car really runs like new ,but upon taking it back it failed again,but this time the co was far below the standard(passed) but the hc was just a hair over(the standard is .80,it tested at .88) this is just my luck,someone suggested running the tank to about empty,putting in a product that auto zone sells in the line of"emission pass helper"a fluid that is supposed to help ,then topping it off with a gallon or two of high octane gas,whats your opinion of this??or is there some thing else that could help to get it a hair down in the "old tricks"catagory?? thanks bob

Changing the oil will help too
you pay..DEAL with it!

How will changing the oil help?
Just Curious.
Jeff

Oil is a hydrocarbon like gas, just a heavy one. Your engine probably is burning a little oil , which will raise HC.
If you feel like it, run a can of Seafoam thru the intake manifold. That will act as an engine cleaner/decarbonizer, and the engine will run more efficiently. That should help lower emissions on a short term basis so you can pass the test.