Enable Trip Computer On A Mk3 UK Mondeo

Anyone know how to enable the trip computer or "information centre" on a 2001 Mk3 Mondeo. Can it be done by fitting the Ghia/Ghia X indicator stalk
with the display change switch on the end or does the instrument cluster have to be programmed via the dealerships WDS diagnostic computer ?
WELL I CAN TELL YOU THE FITTING OF A GHIA INDICTOR STORK WITH INFO BUTTON FOR THE COMPUTER IS NOT THE ANSWER OR NOT THE COMPLETE ANSWER. ALL I GET IS A BEEP FROM SOME WHERE UNDER THE DASH WHEN I PRESS THE INFO BUTTON, MAY BE SOME ONE OUT THERE CAN TELL US HOW ITS DONE.
--
Draak