Endura E Tappets

How often do the tappets need ajusting on an endura e 1300cc engine in my 2000 fiesta mk5. How do i know they need it? Sounds fairly quiet when ticking over with slight tappet noise when doing about 50mph. Is this
normal? I replace the oil and filter every 5k. Engine is very clean inside.
the service intervals are every yr or 12500mls and the tappets should be done then