engine change

I wanna take a 302 f~i and auto. out of a Merc. and put it in a street rod.What do I need to do for the f~i etc.?

Reply to
Kingman Wylie

Run some searches here,

Use search string like: conversion ford EFI

I have done this a few times, and typed quite a bit of info about the conversions before...

You need the entire wiring harness, fuel system including tank(s) and all sensors, even Oxygen sensors in the exhaust system, you can buy a new O2 sensor port from a local exhaust shop to weld into you new exhaust system. You will need the wiring diagram from both the donor vehicle and the recipient vehicle to mate them together.

Good Luck

Reply to
351CJ