Engine Management (Panther platform)

Just an idea like that, since Chrysler has some cars that can turn off some cylinders on the highway (HEMI), wouldn't it be possible for FORD to do the same on their 4.6?
I mean, the car already has a failsafe where it alternates between two banks of 4 cylinders in case of overheating (turning the other cylinders into air pumps to help cool the engine according to my owner's manual)
It's not like it needs all 8 cylinders while cruising on the highway.
It would help milleage. I'm not trying to re-engineer my PCM, but FORD could do it, I'm pretty sure.
On another note, Happy holidays all...
--
Don't drink water, fish have sex in it!