Engine mulfunction light came on with a picure of car skidding any ideas it is a

it is a ford galaxy 7 seater car is still running but engine mulfunctionlight with a car skidding came up on the dashboard

message

Galaxy? They still make those?
The skidding car means that the traction control system is offline -- unreliable. It could also mean that the anti-lock brahing system (ABS) is having an issue and is unreliable. The car will still stop fine, but the brakes can lock letting the tires skid. A skidding tire will travel in a straight line no matter how you are aiming the steering wheel.
I'm confused by the engine malfunction light. Generally, the engine and the braking systems do not interact -- a failed brake system does not influence the engine, and vice versa.
Have you done a Google search on the Owner's Manual for your car? All of the symbols will be shown, and a description of what it means when the symbols light will be given.
I had to look that up as well as the Galaxie hasn't been made in the US since the early 70's, and it sure as hell didn't have traction control or any electronics in it...(probably would have been easier and cheaper to fix!). heh....
Apparently, Ford parternered with VW and made a God awful looking minivan in the in the mid 2000's that looks a bit like what would happen if an Aerostar and a Toyota MVP had a love child. It's sold in the UK and not available in the US, so probably can not help on details other than what you (Jeff) said. I don't know if it shares anything with any US Ford, as it was developed completely in Europe, if I read Google correctly....