Engine rust?

A friend is looking at a new Taurus. I mentioned that I thought I heard or read that there was a problem with some of the new Taurus engines with rust
(engine block not painted at factory?). Has anyone else heard this? I googled around and couldn't find anything pertinent. If it's not true I want to get back to him and tell him I was incorrect.

I've heard of this.Don't worry, so much gook and grease will get on the engine that it won't be a problem.
Plus, if it is the Duratec engine, they don't rust anyway (it is aluminum). I think the vulcan 3.0 liter engine is cast iron, but I don't remember.
Jeff

The only problem to keep an eye on is the oil pan rusting if it is steel. It'll take a long time before rust does any damage to the block.
Even that were true, archeologist and paleontologist digging 500 years from now will find that all that remains where salvage yard were once located will be engine blocks. LOL
mike hunt
snipped-for-privacy@iglou.com wrote:

into a trailer and sell them by ton weight and put the remains of the car in the shredder. A full size car can be reduced to a pile of metal and plastic in two minutes or less.
Bill