Engine Temperature Problems

I've been having so many frustrating problems with the engine temperature of my Fiesta Zetec 1.25.

The car gets very hot very quickly, no matter what speed, or how much i'm pushing the car. The fan is almost constantly running at full speed (which is loud and annoying!).

The only thing that will keep the car temperature down (momentarily) is driving above 70mph, at which point it struggles back to what should be normal temperature.

I've tried using different techniques, when the car was close to cold temperature (it had been sitting around for a while) I went out for a drive for around half an hour, without going higher then 3,000 revs. Because obviously I wasn't accelerating hard, once the car had gone way beyond running temperature (the gauge was reading as high as it could go), it hardly settled at all, even on the Motorway.

When I got back home the fan was running at full speed and the temperature gauge was full, I had a look under the bonnet, the engine was making a lot of noise, as if something was boiling/bubbling.

It's really frustrating me, I've had a Water Pump and Head Gasket job done, but this problem has happened before and after this job.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or recommendations.

Reply to
JJ

waterskiing greg

If the thermostat doesn't do it, I'd suspect a plugged up radiator.

Reply to
Tim J.