engine/trans problem

While going up steep hills the car seems to hesitiate, when i think it is going to stall it just keeps going, the nearest way to describe it it is as if I am running out and fuel and the car starts to choke. Vulcan engine with 181,000, trans fluid changed recently.

Thanks in advance guys

Reply to
CSB

CSB opined in news:Zeu5d.605$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:

Welll... I guess I HAVE to ask the obvious.

Does it do the same whether tank is full or near empty?

At what point of the climb.. immediately or after several seconds?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

yep, I might not be a mechanic but I can tell when there is gas in it :). It happensaround 50 mph when going up hill so after a few seconds and make no difference the amount of gas.

Reply to
CSB

What happens if you floor it? Are you sure it's not an issue where it's stuck in O/D for whatever reason?

Reply to
Teknical

clogged cat?

Just taking a stab but the way it sounds.. hey its possible

Reply to
Mercury