engine/trans problem

While going up steep hills the car seems to hesitiate, when i think it is going to stall it just keeps going, the nearest way to describe it it is as
if I am running out and fuel and the car starts to choke. Vulcan engine with 181,000, trans fluid changed recently.
Thanks in advance guys
CSB opined in

Welll... I guess I HAVE to ask the obvious.
Does it do the same whether tank is full or near empty?
At what point of the climb.. immediately or after several seconds?
yep, I might not be a mechanic but I can tell when there is gas in it :). It happensaround 50 mph when going up hill so after a few seconds and make no difference the amount of gas.

What happens if you floor it? Are you sure it's not an issue where it's stuck in O/D for whatever reason?

it
clogged cat?
Just taking a stab but the way it sounds.. hey its possible
Kenny

is
as