entry light timer

I have a 1990 Grand Marquis and I am trying to locate the "illuminating entry light timer module". That's what I was told it is called and it is supposed to be located on the right side of the steering column under the dash.

Is anyone familiar with this module and maybe have a link to what it looks like? I would like to locate it and disconnect it. The problem I am having is that the entry lights are coming on by themselves at any time, no sequence to it, and it is setting off my alarm every time it does.

I was told if I unplug this module it would stop this problem. I know I would lose the timing of the lights but at least I will be able to use my alarm. The way it is now I have to shut off my alarm because it can go off, and is going off, at any time day or night because of this lighting coming on on its own.

Thank you!

Reply to
searcher

sometime the door jamb pin switches collaps. they're self adjusting when new and after that they're suppose to stay there but like all man made anyway there at the front of the door opening, not on the door and if four doors there's four. eyebal them to see if one is in, or not sticking out as much as others. you can , do this with key on, one at a time open and close the doors but keep the door handle in the release position and push the door closed slowly to see when in light shuts off referencing door edge to body when normally latched. this isn't a wild goose chase I've had one that just barely shut off the light and temperature did the rest

Reply to
monkeyboy via CarKB.com

Thanks for the reply.

I got it fixed today. The problem was from the door handle which activated a dome light trigger. The connection from the door handle went to a module that was a little corroded from rain and weather and every once in a while, especially in this hot weather, it would act like a short and that was what was turning the interior lights on by themselves and triggering my alarm.

I had my alarm guy remove that connection in each door which resolved the problem. The only thing that I lost was the interior lights coming on when I would pull the door handle when the doors were locked, other wise everything else is the same.

Reply to
searcher