Error code 44 for 87 E150

It's a 4.9lit.300cu.in. straight 6,F.I.Need to get it smog,but this code keeps coming up . Need to know what it is and how to fix ?

44 means that the computer 'thinks' there is a thermactor (air pump) system failure. What happened to the previous codes that you were trying to resolve? Are they still showing up? Have you made any repairs? Those things are interdependent, and you cannot just deal with one code in isolation. Troubleshooting a problem is never as simple as: "for code xx do ABC". If you want help, post a complete picture: previous concerns, drivability problems, attempted repairs. Also provide the details of the emission test results. As I stated before, please stay within a single thread. You are doing yourself a disservice by starting more threads and presenting partial information each time. Sorry about the criticism; just trying to help.