Escape Hybrid routine service

I just went back to the dealer for the first time with my 2005 Escape Hybrid. The 10,000 mile service cost $31.40.

Two things wrong: There was a nut missing from just above the footrest, or "dead pedal" on the left side. For some reason, the service guy went and checked a couple of other 2005 Escapes on the lot... they were also missing the nut. He added the nut and washer called for in the parts manual.

The dealer didn't have the oil filter in stock. It's different from the non-Hybrid model. He sent someone to another Ford dealer to get one.

The Hybrid-certified tech had to look at the missing nut. A Hybrid-certified mechanic is required for anything but the oil change, which can be done by any of the trained techs.

See ya in another 10,000 miles. :D

Reply to
dold