Escort 1.6 16V zetec problems

Hi All,

I have the following issues going on and wondered if anyone had any ideas about whats wrong.

  1. from cold start the engine idle speed is quite erratic, however after its warmed up it does stabalise a bit.

  1. the car seanse to lack power at the top end, has problem reaching is top speed. I hav access to a similiar car that is a year newer that does not have the problem.

The car has the 1.6 zetec 16v engine fitted, and is UK spec.

Thanks

Vertuas

Reply to
vertuas