Escort 1994 1.6 - Engine Mounts knackered!

My car has reached a stage of fix or bin.
Frankly it's been a good car the 2 years I've had it, doing 30k in it it's needed nothing but a new back box until recently at 51k when it
needed a new steering rack, and now needs the offside and nearside engine mounts replacing.
Have had a quote from Ford for the two engine mounts and they've quoted me around 150 for the pair - is this really right? They're a bolt surrounded by rubber essentially. This is robbery!
The debate is as the mounts are knackered prematurely does this give a high chance that other parts are looming to fail early too?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Dealerships always charge the highest prices. try NAPA.

Colloquialisms used "knackered" "offside" "nearside" and "binned", a pound-sign instead of a dollar-sign, posting through ntlworld and Virgin - Shawn, you missed the point totally and hopelessly, he'd have a REALLY long drive to get to the nearest NAPA parts house...
More than likely a Trans-Atlantic flight. TWIAVBP.
That said, engine mounts do start failing around that age, even with low-ish miles (or KM's...) It's more a factor of environment - if they've gotten and stayed oily from leaks or road oil, that kills them a lot faster.
Go shop again at a reputable aftermarket parts house - Ford doesn't make their own mounts, they order them from a specialty supplier. Find the parts from that supplier (like Moog or Borg-Warner or even [gack] Lucas...) order their premium line, and you are probably getting the OEM Quality part. Without paying Ford extra to buy it and stock it.
And mounts aren't hard to change yourself, or find a mechanic who isn't that busy so he'll deal on prices.
And check at the dealer again and be a bit more aggressive - sometimes they will actually be competitive on price if things are a bit slow, and you aren't biting at the first price they throw out.
--<< Bruce >>--
Try Rockauto. I put new mounts on my 94 Saturn in an hour. Fred

The Kontaminator wrote: (Escort 1994 1.6 51k)
The offside and nearside engine mounts need to be replaced. Ford quoted 150 for the two mounts - is this really right? They're a bolt surrounded by rubber essentially. ________________________________________________
Would these do the job?:
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?PartType '&PTSet=A
These three engine mounts are for a 1994 Ford Escort L4 1.9L FI
$25.99 Anchor Mount, Right Front $24.99 Anchor Mount, Rear Left $11.99 Anchor Mount, Front
You could buy all three mounts for $62.97 or 31.80 at today's exchange rate, plus tax and shipping cost.
Good luck.
Rodan.