ESCORT 1996 1.9 AUTO TRANS REPAIR

Just bought one with transmission problems. Supposedly, previous owner got the car stuck in the snow and damaged the transmission--no way of knowing for sure. Anyway, the car will move in D and R immediately after starting it, but if left to idle, it won't move. Fluid is really dark/black. Looking to determine if I can fix it on the car and probable cost for parts. I am aware that a used one can be obtained for $375 including delivery to my door.

Thanks again.

Reply to
septicman

The color is wrong, should be red / pink color. The fluid needs flushing at least, but for $375, I'd probably get another transmission.

Reply to
Andy