ESCORT 1997 A/C ALWAYS ON

HI THERE

I HAVE AN 1997 ESCORT , AND MY AIR CONDITIONING IS ALWAYS ON , EVEN IF I TURN THE VENT SELECT KNOB UP TO THE WINDSHIELD POSITION VENT , THE ONLY WAY I CAN GET WARM AIR IS TO TURN THE HEAT SELECT KNOB TO FULL HEAT .

SO WHAT SHOULD I CHECK AND WHERE IS IT LOCATED, WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE .

THANK'S IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR TROUBLE

PATRICE BARRETTE

Reply to
pqnews.cogeco.ca

Yours is a very common post. Your system is working perfectly. It is designed to use the compressor in every setting except heat. The idea is that if you need to use the defroster, that means there's too much moisture inside the car. The a/c system not only works to cool the car, but also to dehumidify it. That's why water runs out from under the car when the a/c is on in the summer.

Don't worry about it at all. It's working perfectly.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

Put the selector to blow out the vents in the dash only and you won't get the A/C i think its the first to the left from straight up (off). If you get A/C here you do have a problem

Drew

Reply to
DB

"" wrote: > HI THERE > > I HAVE AN 1997 ESCORT , AND MY AIR CONDITIONING IS ALWAYS ON , > EVEN IF I > TURN THE VENT SELECT KNOB UP TO THE WINDSHIELD POSITION VENT , > THE ONLY WAY > I CAN GET WARM AIR IS TO TURN THE HEAT SELECT KNOB TO FULL > HEAT . > > SO WHAT SHOULD I CHECK AND WHERE IS IT LOCATED, WHAT DOES IT > LOOK LIKE . > > THANK'S IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR TROUBLE > > PATRICE BARRETTE

when air is comming outta the vent (1 left from off) or floor (2 right from off) there is no AC. and I am pretty sure 1 right of off aswell, but i never use that.

Reply to
xmirage2kx