escort 98 petrol ,idle air probs

my escort idles up at aprox 1250rpm,now replaced iacv but just the same,no air leaks and the tps is ok,as battery voltage going to the iacv,when i dissconnect the iacv it idles fine,but wont idle if disconnected wen
cold.any ideas ????????

connector lets it idle ok.
Have the codes read.
you pay..DEAL with it!

iacv = same as 'iscv' - idle speed control valve?
get a replacement from a scrapyard sounds like a good starting point, you seem to know it's the problem! Unless in reality another sensor is misreading information from it....
tried an ecu reset? disconnect battery for 10 minutes, reconnect, go drive lightly for a while, then hard, then go sit in in park and idle it for 10 minutes, then voila, ecu has re-learned.
its a new iscv and ive tried disconnecting bat overnight.had it plugged in and no codes found.
would be so much easier to fix a low idling problem.getting desperate now,got loads of new sensors but no joy
save yourself hours of time and buy genuine parts when it comes to engine management,i bought a copy iscv and after hours of searching for other causes it turned out to be the new part i replaced,so i bought a new GENUINE FORD iscv and it cured my vehicle.