Escort central lock problem

Few weeks ago, my escort '98 started to make some weird central lock problems (without remote). Sometimes, but mostly when I try to lock the car, all of the door locks
start to lock - unlock and that condition lasts approx 20 seconds to 2 minutes!!! Anyone has a clue??
ThX

I had a similar problem, turned out to be the lock switch on the driver side door. A contact inside was broken and intermittent; it would lock/unlock everything whenever the thing went over a bump.
Check the driver and passenger side switches. Better yet, disconnect one of them, see if you can reproduce the problem, if not then try the other one.