Escort engine underheating - any ideas?

I've got an Escort van that runs too cool. If it idles on a warm day it warms up to midway on the temp dial. But as soon a I drive off it cools down. Thermostat changed twice.

No garage will take it on - any suggestins gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen

up to midway on the temp dial. But as soon a I

Got those "garages" stumped. After a complete "warmup", check the upper radiator hose. It should be hot to the touch. If so, the heater core most likely may be plugged up. Have the cooling system flushed.

Reply to
Shawn