Escort HCS problems

We have a Ford Escort k reg, 1.3 CFi with the HCS/Endura engine, which is running rough.

It starts OK but runs rough and if you put your foot on the accelerator the engine revs drop. Pulling away the car splutters and often stalls.

This fault has come on quickly-it drove to the supermarket fine but only started to play up on the way back. (We didn't buy any fuel at the supermarket, BTW) We have replaced the plugs (Dirty) and air filter to no avail and have cleaned/lubricated the carb. We have also physically examined the plug leads and sprayed them with WD40 to see if there were any breaks in the leads. The engine management module connector has been cleaned and have checked the hoses for splits.

We just have noticed that when you initially turn the ignition on, the CFi device squirts a large amount of fuel into the carb. This is with the throttle closed and before the engine is even started. If you leave the ignition switched on there is eventually enough fuel to fill the carb to the brim!

Anyone any ideas?

sPoNiX

Reply to
Anonymous

I dunno, what do you think?... Seems the pump should quit after a couple seconds. And you have a stuck injector..

But the combination of the two would point to the computer.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:06:20 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (>>sPoNiXis

Reply to