Escort - indicators

My Escort 1.6i LX 1996 (UK) indicators will not self cancel after a left turn, - right is ok. I understand this may be a common problem - how do I fix it?

Is the steering wheel centered when going straight? If it is by replacing the switch or cam. Most likely the switch. Take the covers off and look at what is happening when you turn on the turn signal and turn the wheel.

Thanks Thomas - wheel does appear to be level - I'll make some more obs as I use it (new to me yesterday).

This is done mechanically. If you take off the plastic cowl and take a look you will soon see the way it works ( or not ). It may have moved slightly
--
For Welsh Military Flying visit .......