Escort - Moisture in headlamp

There is condensation inside one of the headlamp lenses on my 97 escort. Would anyone have any advice for drying it out? Is there an easy way to remove the lens?
Thanks
Don

I"ve never found anyway to dry them out that lasts. I've taken the glass kind of cooked them in my oven till all the moisture evaporated and then let them cool and immediately sealed them and the moister still managed to come back.

There was a recall on some models to replace the cap and the seal on the back...I think it's long since expired.
Loosen the bulb & face the car to the south. The sun should dry it out. If it comes back, there's a break in the lens seal or the rubber gasket at the base of the bulb is bad.
Don wrote:

Remove the rear cap and bulb without touching the bulb! Use a hairdryer on a low setting to blow warm into the headlamp enclosure until the condensation all evaporates. I had to do this recently and the problem has not re-occurred, I don't know how the water got in there in the first place though as the seals all seemed to be intact.
Ian
Once noticed I had about 1/4 in of water in the headlamp in my 626. I drilled a small hole with a ceramic bit to let out any infiltrating water. I kept the car 6-7 years after that. The 9004 bulb was burning every second year because of either the hole I drilled, either because of the water infiltration. Was still a cheap repair, considering 9004 are only $8.

know
seemed

Thanks for the suggestions. I removed the headlamp and the parking light bulbs, rigged my shop vac for blow and stuck the hose up to one of the openings. That did the trick. Also, I noticed when I removed the parking bulb that one of the three tabs that hold it place was missing. Maybe this is where the water was getting in. At any rate I coated the rubber gaskets on this lamp and the shell that covers the headlamp base with plumber's silicon grease. This stuff is very thick and heat resistant.
Thanks again.
Don
Yes a drill, with a small pit. Drill a small hole in the bottom. The heat from the lamp sill take care of the rest.
mike hunt
Don wrote:

you can wax the inside of the lens