escort o2 joys HELP!

hello, i have a 93 escort lx with 110k on it, chk engine light came on, did the tests and came up with a 181 (M) Fuel system was lean at part throttle
Single, Right or Rear HO2S . this means o2 sensor so i changed that out.; still get the same fault! any suggestions from this esteemed crowd? it's hesitative when maintaining 60 mph unless you goose it hard then it cleans up for a few miles then same thing over, thing is i drive 40 mi to work on 2 lane road at 60 mph :O did the run tests and cylinders checked ok as far as the injectors. im kinda stumped, oh ya new plugs and oil this week already. would a vacuum leak in the brake pot do this kinda thing or the flapper thin that senses the air flow? HELP
thanks skidflap
Had a '93 escort with same problems. Try the Mass Airflow Sensor. At least that is what the mechanic called it & what fixed the problems.

did
kinda
thin
Did you mention a vacuum leak in the brake booster? It's called a vacuum leak, but in fact, it's an air leak, admitting 'unmetered' air into the manifold. If that's what you have, no wonder that your oxygen sensor reads lean.. In general, the fact that a sensor reads the wrong value, does not necessarily mean that the sensor is bad. It could simply be reporting the truth. Consider this: you mesure a low voltage across the battery terminals. Do you replace the voltmeter, or try to figure out why the battery is charging?
skidflap opined in

I HOPE you changed it on your own, hate to think someone who should know better told you to... you just shot the messenger!
Clean the MAF sensor*.. .look for vacuum leak.
tech articles.. www.tccoa.com
thanks for the advice. nice website found the articles very informative. well i think the timing belt died on the way home tonight:{ car died 1 block from the house.it still loves me:}2 am time for bed no time to diagnose it now. 110 k i think my mother in law never had the belt changed before so here we go. time to ride the motoscooter to work. would a funky timing belk give me these symptoms? i dont think so, let me know what you think. thanks Skidflap

skidflap opined in

It must know you love IT....

Not likely... but while you're being intimate with it, check closely for any leaks or cracks in hoses