Escort ZX2 Electrical Problem!!

My Zx2 has some sort of problem in the electrical system. I have found it to be the "TAIL" fuse, which has the running lights, tail lights, and
instrument cluster. Every time I change the fuse, it blows as I am replacing it. I have had it in the shop for over 6 hours now and they cannot figure out what it could be... any ideas???
If the fuse blows immediately without the lights being turned on, the solution should be obvious. If the lights must be turned on for the fuse to blow, it is time to start isolating the various branches of the system. That you can predict when the fuse will blow should be of immense help in the diagnostic process.
Electrical matters are easily the least understood part of automobile systems. It is imperative to find a tech with a good grasp of electrical diagnosis in order to reduce the diagnostic time and effect a timely and reliable repair.

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 02:35:10 GMT, "Jim Warman"

lmfao thats why u dont want warman working on your car a real tech would substitute a test lite for the fuse when light goes out you found your problem
jimbo is a tard
hurc ast
Well it was only a matter of time before dogbreath showed up.... The test light is an inappropriate tool for this task since relativel low current flow will have the ligh shining brightly. Substituting an old sealed beam headlamp will work very well.
All the same, to reduce diagnostic time, isolating circuit branches will narrow the area and result in a more timely diagnotic process.....
OK, bowser... insert your ritual grunting here....
On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:25:07 GMT, "Jim Warman"

lmfao tell me why would it have low current lmfao
just do te math
e ir
FAIL ford electrical
hurc ast
Does it still have the factory radio? Bob

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:00:51 -0500, highlife1025 wrote:

You likely have a short. Finding the cause will not be easy. You need a wiring diagram. Go through the circuit patiently using an ohm meter looking for the source of it. It could be a piece of electronic equipment that is malfunctioning, or a simple short to ground due to frayed wiring, etc. Do not use a higher current fuse!
FYI, faults like this are why cars have fuses. Fuses save the wiring!
Rodney
-

you failed
why an ohm meter ?????????????? simpley use test lite as fuse tard
hurc ast

And when your test light glows it simply shows that you have a load on the circuit, not a short....idiot.....

lmfao the test lite is the load tard FAIL
basic electrical
hurc ast