Exhaust removal question

I have a 93 F350 351M it was a roofing truck in NY, and has the reading tool boxes, ladder rack etc.
The odo says it has about 209,000 miles aside from cosmetic damage from salty roads
and (common it seems) saggy doors and missing interior handles it seems to run fine I would like to run straight pipes back from the motor when I bypass the catalytic converter what else am I going to have to consider ie: computer malfunction due to missing emmissions parts
also as I said it runs fine, and none of the check lights are on, besides just checking the spark plugs, is there any sure way of estimating the condition of the motor, and how much longer it will do it's thing untill I have a serious problem?
351 m was not available in 93, and there was never any computerized stuff on the carbureted 351m to worry about anyway

ok, well, It's a (93 1ton) 5.9l EFI, and the whole point of my post seems to have been missed. I have been told (just last night) that if the catalytic converter is between two sensors, it would be best just to leave it be, still I don't beleive in catalytic converters and would rather just run straight pipes witha nice cross. Of course I have no Idea what this will do to the scavanging effect.

stuff on

A 93 wont have the sensors you discribe. Dont you have emission laws out there to worry about?

I don't think there are any vehicle inspections or stringant emmissions laws. Plus I don't think the converters do much, and might actually restrict air flow causing poor milage and actually contribute to pollution.
On 5 Jul 2004 07:44:22 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (DodgeVanGogh) wrote:

You think wrong my friend. A good cat does a LOT for emission control, and causes very little backpressure. The only polution they contribute to is that nasty rotten egg smell when running high sulphur fuel at a rich mixture -- PHEWWW!!!!