Expedition or Explorer

Looking to buy in the next couple weeks wondering which is a better vehicle?

If you need a huge vehicle, the explorer. If you need an even bigger vehicle, the expedition.
Jeff
The Exploder is NOT huge. My SIL bought the 4 dr version in 2000. Now that they have their first child, they wish they got the Expedition or something even wider and longer. My '71 Olds 98 4 dr hardtop sedan was huge by Explorer standards. It weighed 1300 lbs more, had an engine with 62% more displacement, could seat 6-7 individuals while their airline luggage fit in the huge trunk. Did I mention it could tow my 5500# boat as well? I could even carry 4x8 sheets of plywood in the trunk between the wheel wells. Nice family car. Stan K. Jeff wrote:

Just how big is this kid??!!

If that isn't enough, consider the H2.

The explorer can hardly be called huge.

Between the two, the Expedition would be my choice, due to increased towing capacity and the more solid (IMO) powertrain.
Get the expedition, it's bigger, better off road capability, more reliable! 2001 Expedition-78000m

wow oh wow, it made it 78K so far...And you can haul that HUGE kid off road :)

Define "better" !
What are your needs? What do you tow? Where do you drive?