Expedition Signal Mirrors

I own a '99 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer. The signal mirror have lost most of their reflective backing. The dealer wants close to $500 (includes labor)to replace the signal mirrors. I've seen aftermarket
signal mirrors as low as $115 each.
It seems rediculous to pay that much to fix a defective product when all I really is a couple of pieces or reflective glass. Anyone ever correct this known defect by replacing just the mirror glass? If so, please advise on source for the mirrors.
Thanks!

Your mirror were most likely made by Muth Mirrors. They have been very good about replacing defective mirrors. See http://www.kwmuth.com/contactus/contactus.htm .
Regards,
Ed White
from the dealer for about one hundred for just the glass get the part number on monday at work. originally had to find the number myself, parts guy said they don't sell the glass with turn light seperate but a tech service bulliten said different and I gave them the number and they had it in stock